standard, all MGE dampening circulators are fitted with dual-layer compostite
filter bags which provide excellent protection against foaming and filter
out particle impurities from the fount solution.
The FountXtend filtration system (FX-1) has been specifically designed to work in conjunction with these bags and further prolong the life of the fount solution by removing finer particles and contaminates using a 3 stage filter system.
Results have shown that using this system has increased the life of the fount solution by up to 6 times, minimising chemical usage and greatly reducing waste disposal and its associated costs, meaning that systems often pay for themselves within a few months.
Central to the system is a self-priming pump that continually circulates the fount solution through 3 different filter processes. A gauge shows the condition of the filters and indicates when they need to be changed. In the event of a filter becoming blocked, the system will automatically cut out and an indicator light will come on.
The system runs independantly of press and circulator, so continues to clean even when the press is off-line. In addition, the pump has a run dry capability in case the fount is drained whilst the system is left running.
in consumable costs due to lower chemical and alcohol usage.
* Reduction in waste disposal costs for contaminated dampening solution.
* Cleaner fount solution leading to less press downtime for cleaning.
* Improved dampening solution stability for consistent print quality.
* Reduced impact on the environment due to less waste disposal.
* Standard voltages shown - other electrical
specifications available on request.
* MGE can offer tailored solutions to exactly match customer requirements.